Main Street Parade Entries
For Vendors and Crafters:
If you are chosen to be a vendor, your $10 fee should be sent to:
Solon Springs Family Fun Days
PO Box 412
Solon Springs WI 54873
The following is a breakdown of volunteering needs for the fireworks event.
1. Help hauling pontoons down to the lake (just two miles from our storage area to the landing at St. Croix Inn). If you have the time, hauling them to the Lord's landing itself would be beneficial but not necessary.
2. Help set anchors that will be used the next night. Some muscle and/or a winch that can haul 75 pound anchors would be a bonus. If you have a fishing boat in the lake that day, this project would go even faster with you and your boat.
3. Building our dock and putting it into the lake. 2 hours on Friday morning.
1. Setting up and wiring the show. Must be at least 18 years old to wire. Wiring is pretty simple. We can show you how to wire, and it takes about 15 minutes to learn. Some experience with electrical wiring is nice, but not necessary. Even if you don't want to wire, an assistant to one of us makes it all go so much faster. Honestly, this is the most time consuming part of the day. And is the area in which we have the most need for additional people (LOTS of people) because it all has to be done on the day of the show - last year with 3 full time fusers, and one part time who doubled on other projects, we barely finished in time. So yes, we NEED more people. If you can spare 2 hours that morning or early afternoon, that would be awesome.
2. People to help load our trailer at 7am, and then unload our trailer at the landing starting at 8am. Yes it's early. But it needs to be. One can be 16 or older. With enough bodies it takes no more than an hour.
3. Bodies, lots of bodies and a boat or two to help us set the pontoons. If these are the same folks who help us place the anchors the day before, even better. This year the entire show will be fired from 3 pontoons out in the lake, and this will be time consuming with 3 or 4 people. But with 2 or 3 additional people, and an extra boat this will take no more than 30 minutes. Depending on weather conditions (wind mostly) target time is 4-6pm.
1. Help hauling pontoons back to the St. Croix Inn boat landing, and getting them back to our storage site. Pulling anchors as well.
2. disassembling our dock and hauling it back to our storage site.
And that's it!
I realize this sounds overwhelming, but this is the reality of doing a complex lake show. We LOVE doing this. But we do need more help - trust me, you will grow to love doing it as well. Even if you aren't sure the first time.
Of course anyone who helps is welcomed to join us on site for the shoot - but you are also free to spend the evening with your family as well. Our goal is to have everything done BEFORE the boat parade at 7pm on July 6th. And the more people we have earlier in the day, the more likely that is to happen.
Schedule subject to change.